We made CockroachDB source-available to empower developers to fix and extend the product to better meet their needs. Nothing thrills us more than people so passionate about the product that they‘re willing to spend their own time to learn the codebase and give back to the community. We created this doc so we can support contributors in a way that doesn’t sacrifice precious bandwidth that we use to serve our users and otherwise meet our business goals.
How to contribute
Before you start a project:
- Evaluate the complexity of your project to decide how to start work.
- See Getting and building CockroachDB from source to set up your dev environment.
- Follow a few code reviews.
- See our Go (Golang) coding guidelines to learn about our code style and conventions.
- If it's your first time, check Your first CockroachDB PR.
Resources on this wiki
Here you will find resources about how to make changes to CockroachDB.